Hong Kong Institute for Advanced Study International Conference on Mathematical Analysis and its Applications
30 October 2019
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) has played a major role in developing international scientific cooperation at the highest level with mathematicians worldwide. To illustrate the excellence in Mathematics research, Hong Kong Institute for Advanced Study (HKIAS) will organize HKIAS International Conference on Mathematics Analysis and its Applications from 21-22 November 2019 at CityU, to present a series of lectures and disseminate the most recent achievements in their research areas among the mathematical community.
HKIAS International Conference will welcome ten preeminent mathematicians from around the world to review and discuss some of the latest trends in various fields of mathematical analysis, with a special emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis; and its applications in Physical Sciences and Signal Processing.
The Conference is initiated by two HKIAS Senior Fellows - Professor Philippe G. Ciarlet, University Distinguished Professor of CityU and Professor Sir John Ball, Professor at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.
The event schedule and list of speakers are as follows:
21 November 2019, Thursday
Session 1 (9:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.):
- Professor Habib Ammari, ETH-Zurich, Switzerland
- Professor Stefan Sauter, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Session 2 (1:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.):
- Professor Oana Iosifescu, University of Montpellier, France
- Professor Hervé Le Dret, Sorbonne University, Paris, France
- Professor Gui-Qiang G. Chen, University of Oxford, UK
22 November 2019, Friday
Session 3 (9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon):
- Professor Patrick Farrell, University of Oxford, UK
- Professor Zhouping Xin, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Session 4 (1:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.):
- Professor David Srolovitz, City University of Hong Kong
- Professor Duvan A. Henao, Pontifical University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
- Professor Cristinel Mardare, City University of Hong Kong
The Conference is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. Please register online. Conference details and registration are available at https://www.cityu.edu.hk/hkias/event/maths-analysis-and-its-app/.
[ Back ]